I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned.
Ponchos are great because they are so versatile (especially for children). Since most slip right over your head they are easy to put on. They can be worn with everything from dresses to sweatshirts. You can make them light or heavy depending on when and where you want to wear them. Add some tassels, buttons or pom-poms for decoration. A poncho is great for children since they can put it on and take it off themselves. It provides warmth but doesn’t weight down their arms or feel bulky. Here are 10 of my favorite Free Children’s Poncho Patterns. Feel free to share your free poncho pattern in the comments below. Thanks!
1. Lil Collar Poncho designed by Sue Childress – Includes sizes 6 through 24 months. Made with medium (worsted) weight yarn and size G (4mm) hook.
2. LINK NO LONGER AVAILABLE – Baby Poncho on Lion Brand website – comes in sizes 9-12 months and 2-3 years. Made with Bulky weight yarn and size N (9mm) hook.
3. LINK NO LONGER AVAILABLE – Party Ponchette designed by Cari Clement – sizes 2-4 years (6-8 years, 10-12 years). Made with worsted weight yarn and I (5.5mm) hook.
4. TooDee Frutti Poncho by Vickie Howell – sizes 12–24 months, (2–4 years). Made with worsted weight yarn and H (5mm) hook.
5. Seashell Poncho by Lion Brand Yarns – sizes 9-12 months (2-3 years). Made with bulky weight yarn and K (6.5mm) hook.
6. LINK NO LONGER WORKS – Red Riding Hood from Red Heart – one size: Hood is 32” around front edge. Made with worsted weight yarn and H (8mm) hook.
7. Daisy Baby Poncho by Lisa van Klaveren. Size 3-12 months. Made with sport weight yarn and D (3.25mm) hook.
8. Holiday Red Cap by Chelle Grissam. Girls size 4-6. Made with worsted weight yarn and K (6.5mm) hook.
9. Lacy Shell Poncho from Luv 2 Crochet
10. Toddler Poncho by Candi Jensen