The blanket is finally complete! Yay! I finished crocheting the blanket Wednesday night. Thursday I spent the day sewing in all the loose end, bleh…the part I hate the most. Today, I tried to figure out ways to use the remaining yarn to present the blanket all pretty.
So for the tie around the blanket. I used the remaining yarn and folded each color into strips of about 3 feet. I then knotted both colors together at each end, wrapped it around the blanket and slipped one knot through the other. This way it is wrapped up all nice and tight and if they ever need some extra yarn to coordinate with they have it!