Thank you very much to Speed Sew for sponsoring this review and giveaway!
Some cool facts about Speed-Sew Glue.
- Credibility: Speed-Sew has been on the market over 45 years.
- Multi-use: Fabric / leather repair, patches, puzzles, crafter’s love Speed-Sew too!
- Dries in Minutes: In just minutes you can save yourself hours. NO IRONING!
- Washable: Yes you can wash with confidence, Speed-Sew will not come off in the wash.
- Strength: It will take all your might and some to tear apart Speed-Sew once it sets!
You can purchase Speed-Sew Fabric Glue on their website.
- Buy 1 ($9.99 Plus Shipping)
- Buy 2 ($9.99 ea, FREE Shipping)
- Buy 4 save 20% ($7.99 ea, FREE Shipping)
- Buy 6 save 30% ($6.99 ea, FREE Shipping)
- Buy 12 save 40% ($5.99 ea, FREE Shipping)
I am not familiar with fabric glue and I have not used it before. To test out Speed-Sew I used it to hem up a pair of my daughter’s sweatpants. I can’t use my sewing machine to hem these pants as the fabric is too bulky.
1. I got my supplies which include: the Speed-Sew Fabric Glue, cheap paint brush and a scrap piece of card stock paper (not pictured).
2. I turned the pants inside out. I squeezed some fabric glue on the card stock paper. Using the brush I applied the fabric glue to the bottom of my daughter’s sweatpants.
3. I folded the part of the pants where I applied the glue up and placed a heavy book on it. Once the glue was completely dry (10 minutes) I turned the pants right side out.
I hemmed a pair of my daughter’s sweatpants in less than 15 minutes without a sewing machine. That is quite shocking. This fabric glue stuff might be my next obsession. Check out this tutorial on the Speed-Sew Blog to find out how to make a great craft for Valentine’s Day: Valentine Fortune Cookies. Their blog has some great tutorials on how to use and make crafts with Speed-Sew Fabric Glue. I love this post and can’t wait to give it a try myself: Clothing alterations: How to make a sequin collar design t-shirt!.
Enter the giveaway below for a chance to win 2 tubes of Speed-Sew Fabric Glue for yourself! This giveaway is open to US residents. It ends February 13, 2015 at 12 AM CST. All entries are optional. Thank you!