the start of something new…again

So here I am now starting a blog. How many times have I started something new and never ran with it? I hope this is something I can stick with. I have always wanted to start a blog but when thinking about who would read it, I just dropped the whole idea. I don’t like sharing personal information, period. But as a stay-at-home I don’t get a lot of adult interaction minus of course my husband. Writing things out has always been a way for me to vent, organize my ideas and calm myself. Why not do it on here? Maybe I can help someone else see a different view on an issue they have or maybe share a brand new idea. I am not advertising the fact that I have started this page to family or friends. I want the people who read this to make their opinion of me based on what I write.

So my for my first entry we will start from the beginning…one day my mother met my father…just kidding. I am a 25-year-old stay-at-home. My daughter is a wild and crazy toddler just like any other. My husband either travels for work or works from his home office so we spend a lot of time together…a lot! We have a dog, Scruffy. He is a Lhasa Apso/Shih Tzu mix so yes, very cute. We all live in our 2 story home in Fort Worth, TX. We moved here from Fenton, MI about 2 years ago.

Okay, so now that is out of the way I can get down to what I really want to write about it. So my daughter has been sick the last couple days. She has croup. That really barky cough with phlegm. When she sleeps at night or naps is when it gets really bad. She was up at 5:30 this morning so of course she was back asleep at 10:30. When she woke up she started hacking away and could barely catch her breath. Her face was changing color and I could see that she was really scared. Of course, I was frightened. I told my husband we are going to the ER. By the time we got in the car and drove the 30 minutes to the hospital she was fine. She was still not herself though as she was just very quiet and wanted nothing more than to be held.

We got to the ER and signed in. They called us back so they could weigh her and check her stats then back to the waiting room. They called us back again this time for insurance information and to register her. The last time they called us back to sit in a waiting room. All this time, I am telling each and every person why we are there. Finally the nurse comes to see us, I tell her the same story and she tells us the doctor will see us soon. The doctor comes in and I tell her the story again! Doctor says she is not wheezing or having a hard time breathing now, well of course I can see that. I just don’t want it to happen again. She gives my daughter an oral steroid and sends us on our way.

Yes, I probably could have avoided this trip, I realize now. It was our first time taking my daughter to the ER. The whole 2 hour ordeal really put a strain on her and between me and my husband. I know my husband thinks it was a waste of time and I should have just taken her to see her pedi the following day. I was very worried and I just acted upon instinct. My daughter was having a hard time breathing and I wanted to fix that. I know I was doing the same thing any mother would but why do I feel like I just wasted a lot of people’s time?

1 comment to the start of something new…again

  • Blogging has come a long way | The Steady Hand

    […] their day-to-day. My blog started that way. See my first 3 posts below:January 3, 2011 – The Start of Something New…AgainJanuary 3, 2011 – Work-from-home to Stay-at-homeJanuary 4, 2011 – My Current Crochet […]

I'd love to hear what you think!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Subscribe Gravityscan Badge