I found a website called VolunteerMatch.com. This site is where you enlist volunteers or find opportunities to donate your time. You can search by country, state and keyword. I did a search for Fort Worth, TX and just wanted to share with you some of the volunteer opportunities available. Some of the opportunities are just asking for a couple of hours a week…see if it is something you would enjoy doing.
March 21, 2012 – April 25, 2012
– An ideal Culinary Instructor is someone with a degree or working toward a degree in the Culinary Arts or at least 2 years experience working in the food service industry.
March 22, 2012 – April 26, 2012
– The ideal Nutrition Instructor is someone with or working toward a degree in nutrition, food science, or dietetics.
April 13/June 8th/August 3rd/October 12, 2012
- We need a few volunteers to help with a monthly workshop that is being held at our office in Fort Worth! We are looking for friendly volunteers that will help with setup,registrations,passing out literature,and knock down!
The opportunities below do not have set dates and looks like they are ongoing:
– Filing and computer work
– answering phones from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Office Assistants for Community Hospice of Texas – clerical assistance for 2-4 hours a week
Student Mentor – Mentor a college student in your field
– Immediate need for a literacy student to work 1 on 1 with an adult student learning to read.
Tons of opportunities no matter where you live, check it out at VolunteerMatch.com.