Here are the reasons why I switched from Blogger to WordPress on my own domain.
1. Blogger’s recent debacle where they went down for almost 2 days. Oh, it drove me nuts. All my stuff, everything I wrote gone. Even though it all came back, I didn’t want that to happen again.
2. I started blogging just as a hobby but it has become so much more than that. I want to get serious about it.
3. I wanted to have my own place on the web. So I have hosting thru GoDaddy (which I got thru Blogelina from signing up for her affiliate program) and I also bought my own domain thru GoDaddy. I already have a domain thru Weebly (www.thesteadyhand.com) but that is where you can find The Steady Hand Store.
4. I heard the grass was much greener on the other side – WordPress.
5. As a blogger, it is better if your blog is on your own domain. That way you really have nothing holding you back. You can write, sell, review, have giveaways without having to worry about whether you are doing something wrong or if your blog will be shut down at any time. Your content is just that, your content.
The intention of this post is not to tell you to switch to WordPress, just the reasons why I made the switch. WordPress is not for everyone so please make the decision carefully. For those that made the switch, why did you do it?