If you missed Part 1, you can check it out here: WP Plugins that I use – Part 1
11. Jetpack by WordPress.com: I have this Plugin installed by at the moment it is not compatible with my site being hosted by GoDaddy. They are trying to fix it.
12. ShareDaddy: This allows your readers to share your posts. It shows up under each post. Right now, mine has Email, Facebook, Twitter and StumbleUpon but you can add any services you want.
13. Subscription Options: This Plugin gives you the ability to show Subscription options in a widget to your readers. For example, you can see it on my outer right sidebar. It is the one with the RSS, Email Subscription, Twitter and Facebook logos. The widget is very easy to use. You enter your links, specify the color and size you want the icons to be and you are all set!
14. The Social Links: Almost the same as above except this is for your readers to follow your social profiles. You can see it on the sidebar directly below the Subscription Options widget. You configure it in the Plugin menu by selecting the Settings option once it is installed and activated. You can then enter your links for all your social networks, specify the size of the icon and you are done.
15. Widget Logic: So this is the coolest Plugin ever!!!! This allows you to control what widgets show up on your specific pages. You control the widgets with WP’s conditional tags is_home etc. It is very easy to use as it set on every widget on my site. Check out all the widgets on the home page and then go to a different page. All the widgets are different. The only one that shows up on every page is the GFC widget. I think this is so great. I know a lot of people don’t like ads but I can use this to show different ads on different pages or pretty much whatever I want. So cool!
16. WordPress Database Backup: This backs up my database every night and sends me an email with the information. If anything every happens like my computer crashing, I will always have a backup that I can revert to so I don’t loose everything.
17. WordPress Editorial Calendar: Another awesome WP tool. This calendar shows all your posts whether they are published or scheduled. If they are scheduled, you can actually drag and drop them to whatever date you want them to post.You access it under your posts tab.
18. WordPress Hit Counter: This is just a regular counter. It counts each visit made to your site. You can customize what number to start at, other options and there are a lot of counter styles to choose from. The configuring is done in Settings – Hit Counter. Then you go to your widget page and add it to one of your bars.
20. WordPress Importer: Import posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, tags and more from a WordPress export file. Haven’t used it…it was just there so I am guessing it is something that is standard.
21. WordPress SEO: The first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more. This is to help improve your SEO. It does a lot of the work for you but you need to have some knowledge on what you are doing. The plugin site does provide some information on that.
22. WP Google Fonts: This makes it super easy to add custom fonts to your site. You configure it in the Plugin page under the settings tab for this plugin. You can select which font you want and where to add it all, just headers, body, lists, etc. And you can use multiple fonts. You can also customize with it Custom CSS.
23. WP Super Cache: This will make your site run super fast. If you are doing any editing to your layout and widgets, they won’t show up right away if this is on. It saves a copy of your site and when people come to it, it shows what was saved. That way your site is not loading all the pictures and widgets each and every time. If your site doesn’t take a long time to load in the first place then you really don’t need it. My site doesn’t take that long to load but I like it being as fast as possible. I am a quick clicker!!
So those are all the plugins I am using. Do you use any of the ones I listed? Have they helped you at all? What are some that you use? If you need any help with the widgets I listed, let me know and I will do my best to help you out!!!